ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:44:04 -0500

> However, when it comes to theaters in science centers pulling films,
> sorry, context is everything.  Dialogue is one thing, but I don't go
> to church and expect to hear evolution anymore than I would expect to
> go to a science center and see religion.

That's kind of a shame.  There are lots of religious organizations that
are perfectly fine with the science of evolution. In our unitarian
universalist congregation, it is often the subject of discussions, and
occasionally sermons, programs, etc.  OK, UU's are outliers, here is a
survey of how various religions regard evolution
(http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_denom.htm)

Eric Siegel