From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:20:42 -0000
Anne Ozorio <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My favourite is Lili Boulanger (1893-1918) sister of Nadia, the
>influential teacher and composer..  Lili amazes me, for young as she was
>innovative and completely original.  Definbitely worth looking out for,
>the genuine article!

If you want a sample of Lili Boulanger's music, she's BBC Radio 3 Composer
of the Week this week (five one-hour programmes) and programmes will be
available to 'listen again' on the BBC website for 7 days. We recently
bought a CD of her music for voice(s) and piano and enjoyed it.  Not
perhaps a great deal of variety but there could hardly be given that her
composing career was so short.

Virginia Knight
Personal homepage: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~ggvhk/virginia.html
Blog (mostly about singing): http://edward.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~cmvhk/blog/