Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:58:39 +1000
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Don Satz:

>Kim Patrick Clow initiated this thread, frustrated that the new Hummel
>sacred choral disc on Naxos still is not at the Towers store although
>the US release date was 15 June.

This illustrates the difference between release dates in different parts
of the world.  The Hummel Missa Solemnis was in the releases for March,
according to the newsletter.  Time was when this would mean a wait of
several months for Australian Naxos junkies, but late last year, the
Australian distributor for Naxos (and some other CM labels) was changed,
and things have improved considerably: I think I actually got the Hummel
CD in March.  Perhaps a more efficient distributor is the US solution.

The choir on the CD is called TOWER Voices New Zealand, as it TOWER is
an acronym.  I couldn't see anything in the notes to explain this, but
I doubt that it's named for the store chain.

Richard Pennycuick