From:
Michelle DePesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:28:30 -0400
Rearranging books in a bookstore is not censorship. Censorship is done
by a powerful entity to influence or restrict a less powerful entity.
We are not capable of public censorship. As far as comparisons to "what
if the other side did it to us" - well, they already have. Remember, we
are the underdog here, OUR knowledge (based in evidence based research
and hundreds of combined years of such practice) is what is actively
being censored. Women are ostracized, and even arrested for
breastfeeding, homeschooling and other "attachment" parenting methods,
this is not the case for mainstream, rewarded parenting choices like
bottle feeding, "cry it out" independence training and hand-swatting.
We do not have the power to censor; we are censored.

Placing books behind others is a harmless activity, nothing new to
employees of bookstores. if it helps let off a little steam (and we
need to do what we can to feel effective) it doesn't hurt anyone.

Michelle DePesa
formerly quite Civilly Disobedient