From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:13:42 -0600
> It's interesting to note how fast the obesity campaign ads have hit the
> TV here in WA. State- and how often they already are played. Not so with
> the breastfeeding campaign- haven't seen one yet. Let's you know where our
> Health Services have placed their priorities in getting public service
> campaigns supported equally.

Isn't which PSA is aired, somewhat subject to the whims and opinions of the
decision makers at the individual media outlets?

A friend of mine used to sell billboard advertising, and also gave away free
space to non-profits when she couldn't otherwise fill the space with paid
advertising.  (Same idea as the PSA).  What she placed, was dependant on who
approached her, and what SHE wanted to support.

I would think that the obesity ads would appeal to more media outlets, as
they are less likely to run up against the decision makers' own (potenially
strong negative) feelings.

Janice Reynolds