From:
Dee Keith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:41:34 -0400
Did anyone besides me see CNN over the weekend when Elizabeth Cohen , Susan
Malvoe and another reporter viewed the AD campaigns TV spots and then GAVE
VERY NEGATIVE FEED BACK? Here is what I sent this morning to CNN.

Ms. Cohen, apparently does not seem to understand or be aware of the recent
issues surrounding the ad counsel and HHS breastfeeding awareness campaign.
Maybe she has issues with the importance of a campaign that has been well
researched and tested to improve breastfeeding rates. Scare campaign is what
she called it I believe. Studies show the US has some of the highest infant
mortality of industrialized nations and ridiculously low breastfeeding
rates.  ABC did a recent report about the links between the drug
companies/formula industry and the squashing of this campaign. Her slant was
clear, breastfeeding does not really matter. Clearly it does. Delores Keith,
IBCLC