HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gordon Grimwade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:06:58 +1000
Robert

I have done some work on Japanese bath houses following an
excavation on Thursday Island a few years ago.  I have a
paper in publication at present which provides some
background which may help. The bath I excavated (actually
flipped a lump of concrete over to get to the actual site and
then found it was an upturned concrete and tiled tub!!) was part
of a larger bathhouse.  Unfortunately I am away from the office
at present and have no details with me.  If you'd like more
details contact me off list next week and I'll send info to you.

Gordon Grimwade
Queensland Australia