ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Holly Auborn Fait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:55:32 -0800

Hi,
I am trying to compile a list of all of the museums out there using RFID
(radio frequency ID).

Specifically, I'm interested in learning which museums are using RFID
for anything *OTHER* than asset/collection management. (For instance,
the Exploratorium is using RFID to let visitors "bookmark" exhibits and
then go online later to learn more about those exhibits and the science
behind them.)

So far, i've only been able to identify 3 museums other than the Explo.
  They include:

Museum of science and industry, Chicago, IL.
The Tech, San Jose, CA
Museum of natural History, Aarhus, Denmark

Are there any museums I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Holly Fait
Research Associate