ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kate Storm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:44:04 -0500

We have several exhibits we can no longer display, and we'd like to
offer them to our colleagues at other museums for use as exhibits. All
you have to pay for is crating & shipping. If you need more information,
please contact me. Here are the items:

1. Oakland Car - 1923-24 Oakland 2-door sedan, manufactured in Pontiac,
Michigan. It has the original engine and a cloth interior. We had it on
display for many years in our former museum as a "talking car," so
there's a button on the hood that played a recorded message about the
history of our region. The roof has been replaced, and except for
needing some new paint, the car is in good condition. It's heavy -
approximately 2,000-4,000 pounds.

2. U.S. Presidents - Exhibit of 3/5ths scale figures of U.S. presidents
from Washington through Clinton. This was an exhibit in our previous
building. Some of them need some restoration, but most are in good
condition. Combined weight is approximately 350-500 pounds.

3. Inflatable Dinosaur - 30' tall, 45' long vinyl T. Rex with fan.
He was vandalized and has a 2- to 3-foot cut in his chest area, although
we think this could be repaired with tent or vinyl repair supplies.
Approximately 150-200 pounds.

4. Two Green Santa Chairs - 5' high x 45" wide x 26" deep big
oversized, stuffed chair used for Santa visits. It's big enough so a
child can sit beside Santa. Excellent condition. Approximately 50-100
pounds each.

If interested, contact:

Kate Storm
Associate Exhibition Producer