From:
Susan R Potts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:24:59 -0500
Hi all,
    Can someone describe the public health campaigns for breastfeeding in
Norway and Finland?  Thank you for your comments, Rachel, it sounds like
the health care staffs were educated on the benefits of human milk.  What
else was done?  Can  the USA ad campaign duplicate some of these things?
Would 20/20 do a story on Norway and Finland?
     Part of the problem in the US is that we do educate health care
staff in our hospitals, but certain factors have to be in place in order
for the education to be received.  Such as management support, the LC
must be friendly and not snobbish, condescending, or rude, MD staff
support.
      I have seen the lactation program heartily received and the staff
nurses educated in some hospitals, and the opposite as well.
      Susan in Minn, USA
      rn ibclc