From:
Heather Reddout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:52:58 -0500
Hello all,

I hope you don't mind me asking for your wonderful insights yet again.  I have a mother who's first baby was born in 1995, and she breastfed for about 6 months, and she had her second child in 1998, and breastfed for about 6 weeks.  She's had problems with her left breast since then.  Two years ago she was having green and bloody discharge and pain in her left breast, and her doctor removed some milk ducts on that side, saying she had a skin tag on the inside of one of her ducts that was causing fluids to back up and get infected.  The mother just came over here today saying she has noticed a white spot on her nipple for some time, and today when she got out of the shower, she squeezed it and she says it popped like a pimple, with quite a bit of white discharge coming out.  She showed me some of it- it's rubbery and thick- you could roll it into a ball- and it has a sour odor, like sour milk.  This woman also has a small hole at the top of her nipple where she had her last surgery, and there is definietly discharge coming from there as well.  I've suspected before that this woman may have a yeast problem, but would discharge like this be consistent with yeast?  Could it be cancer, even though the doctors she saw two years ago did not seem to think it was cancer?  Would this be related at all to her previous lactation experience?

Thank you!

Heather Reddout, LLLeader, Plainfield, IL