Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:31:55 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
I am trying to turn my interest and experience into a career.  However, I have a lot of lay experience, but no degrees.  I am looking into medical transcription, and wondering if maybe I could combine that with something to do with breastfeeding.  Has anyone else gotten into lactation support or education through a job like medical transcription, which does not deal with patient care, but is at least a foot in the door to a hospital or clinic?

With divorcing, after more than a quarter century of marriage and going all though the process of my ex getting from oyster farmer to OB/GYN, I am still trying to figure out what to do with myself.  Before, I always figured that we had enough money, just on his income, that I had the luxury of doing whatever I could to support breastfeeding, without worrying about making any money.  Even when I rented breast pumps, I did not worry about it.  I charged the lowest prices around and, if I knew that someone was struggling financially, I could let them rent for free, give them free kits, etc., and actually went in the hole on the business, but it was worth it just to be able to help.  I can't do it anymore, especially with four children still at home.

I am sure there are others middle aged women, like me, who have found themselves in a similar situation to mine, feeling like they are starting part of their lives over again.

I would appreciate any counsel anyone might have for me!

Aloha,
Darillyn
Adoptive nursing mother of six children
support other mothers since 1989

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2