ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Summer Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:23:52 -0500

To ISEN/ASTCers in Philadelphia or thereabouts:

This September, as part of a Tech Expo for our local NBC affilliate, The
Science Place had a booth at which we showcased the nifty technology of the
Segway HT (and let visitors try it out).  It was a lot of fun for our
presenters (of whom I was one, yay!), and the Expo visitors enjoyed
listening and playing (safely) around our little obstacle course.  The
producers loved our booth so much that they've contacted me to put out
feelers for any Segway-bearing museums or Segway entusiasts in the
Philadelphia area, where they're putting on another Tech Expo soon.

If you demo Segways or know someone who does (and might be willing to
participate in an Expo), please contact me off-list at the email address or
phone number below.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Gyroscopically,
Summer