HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 14:50:54 -0800
Of interest to some Histarchers I would think -
John

Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:03:16 -0600
From: Mary Rizzo
Subject: NOTICE: Material Culture Symposium, Winterthur Museum, 4/17/04
To: [log in to unmask]

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 04:42:28 -0800 (PST)
From: "Elise M. Ciregna"

Material Culture Symposium for Emerging Scholars
The Winterthur Museum, Delaware
Saturday, April 17, 2004

The planning committee of the 2004 Material Culture
Symposium for Emerging Scholars is pleased to announce
that on-line registration is now available.

This free symposium provides emerging scholars with a
venue for promoting interdisciplinary dialogues about
material culture. By freeing scholars of
chronological and topical restraints, we seek to
encourage conversation across perceived boundaries of
discipline, medium and methodology. Created and
organized by University of Delaware graduate students,
this symposium is the only such interdisciplinary
event at the graduate student level. It is a forum
for emerging scholars to present and discuss their
work, and brings together new and established scholars
to foster interdisciplinary camaraderie and exchange.
We invite graduate students and scholars, as well as
the general public to attend.

This year, twelve students from nine
institutions-including departments of Anthropology,
American Studies, History, Art History, Museum Studies
and
programs in the History of American Civilization and
the Winterthur Program in Early American Culture-will
present papers. We are honored to have as audience
discussion leaders and panel commentators Dr. Kathleen
Adair Foster, Dr. Lu Ann De Cunzo, Dr. Amanda Kemp,
and Ms. Kym Rice, and to have the summary address by
Dr. Ann Smart Martin.

To register, visit http://materialculture.udel.edu
Online registration is available until April 15;
pre-registration of special tours is required.
On-site registration the morning of the symposium will
also be available. There is no admission fee to
attend any of the special tours or the symposium,
however, please note that several of the special
tours have limited availability.

Contact:
Elise Ciregna