HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Nasca, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:55:42 -0500
Sarah,

We recovered the torso of a Frozen Charlotte (she was missing her head,
hands and feet) from a shovel test during a Phase I survey of the
waterfront at George Washington's Ferry Farm, Fredericksburg, Virginia.
The breaks are slightly waterworn, so her injuries were not the result
of the shovel.  Her tiny body measures 11/4" and is made of unglazed
porcelain (parian).  Charlotte's photo made it into the report. Contact
me off list if you would like a copy of the report or it's bibliographic
reference.

Paul

Paul M. Nasca
Staff Archaeologist
George Washington's Fredericksburg Foundation
1201 Washington Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Phone: (540) 370-0732 ext. 17
Fax: (540) 371-3398