From:
Nancy Holtzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:40:09 -0500
Hi Friends,
I'm excited to pass along this exciting opportunity to help grow an
independant, free-standing center for expectant and new families.
It's been very exciting for me to work with such passionate and
dedicated mother/baby professionals from many different backgrounds
and experiences this past year. This is the funnest and most
supportive place I've ever worked. What a breath of fresh air!

I'm happy to speak to anyone informally, or you can forward the
requested info directly to (center director) Amy Finn.

Nancy
Nancy Holtzman RN BSN IBCLC
Postpartum Programs Director
Isis Maternity
Two Brookline Place
Brookline MA 02445
www.isismaternity.com

Lactation Consultation at Isis Maternity
Brookline, MA

Isis Maternity seeks lactation consultants to help grow its feeding
and lactation support program. Consultants provide direct clinical
services, group instruction (prenatal classes and postpartum groups)
and assistance with sales and rentals of breastpumps and ancillary
products.  Consultants serve as part of the Isis Maternity
professional team, helping to provide comprehensive and integrated
services to clients in a comfortable and nurturing environment.

Highly qualified candidates may be eligible for management positions
in Isis Maternity’s Brookline Village center and/or in future
centers.

Specific responsibilities include:
•     Providing individual, on-site lactation consultations, phone
triage and warm-line support
•     Participating in strategic planning and execution for the
Isis Maternity Feeding Support and Education Program
•     Assisting in inventory selection and maintenance for
breastfeeding related products

Qualifications:
•     Current Lactation Consultant certification (IBCLC)
•     Licensed to practice in the State of Massachusetts
•     Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (preferred)
•     Three to five years prior experience in lactation consulting
and breastfeeding education
•     Demonstrated ability to lead, organize, manage and develop
programs and to assist mothers successfully with feeding challenges
•     Excellent verbal and written communicate skills and ability
to promote a multi-disciplinary team approach
•     Highly motivated and self-directed
•     Basic computer skills

Hours are flexible. Introductory positions are generally part time
(16 – 24 hours per week), mainly during weekday hours, with
occasional evening or weekend coverage, and potential for future
full-time employment and benefits.  Compensation will be
commensurate with qualifications and experience, with supplemental
pay available for superior performance.

Isis Maternity is an exciting new business providing client-focused
education, professional support services and carefully screened
products to expecting and new parents. Its flagship center in
Brookline Village, open seven days a week, houses classrooms,
consult rooms and a store. Isis Maternity is the primary provider of
parent/childbirth education classes for the Brigham & Women’s
Hospital.

Interested candidates should please send cover letter and resume to:

Amy Finn, Center Director

You may contact Isis Maternity to learn more about joining our
growing team.

Isis Maternity
Two Brookline Place
Brookline, MA 02445