From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:31:36 +0000
Does any member of the list own a SACD or DVD player?  Pioneer makes a
combo player and I am thinking of finally making the plunge so to speak.
I felt that this way, whatever format eventually wins out, I will be
safe.

I personally like the SACD format over DVD Audio.  But my hunch is that
DVD Audio will win the format war.

My question is...can you hear the benefits of DVD/SACD through regular
headphones?  Do I need high end audiophile amps and speakers to reap the
benefits of this new improved technology?

Thanks for any insights!

Kim Patrick Clow