ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Diane H Peapus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:52:17 -0500

Hi Everyone:

I wonder if anyone can give me any info on models for
programs that offer curricula based science labs and
target home schoolers.

All the home schooler parents I talk to say that the
hardest thing for them to provide for their kids is
the science labs.  Some say they enroll their kids in
Community College lab classes.  I'm wondering if there
are any models of museums offering the needed labs in
a curricula based package?

Specific questions:
-How is it administered?  Advertised?
-With what ages does it work (I presume 10-12 grade
chemistry, physics and bio labs are the most needed).
-Do parents pick-n-choose, or buy the whole package?
-Do parents participate in the lab with the kids?
-Do you have labs in your own facility, or work in
collaboration with local colleges or schools.

Thanks in advance for your comments!
diane h peapus