ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Fisher, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:00:51 -0400

While I am not familiar with spinning these types of exhibits, I have seen and used quite a few of the parallel rows of LEDs that flash at different times to create words, pictures, logos, etc. I had a rather difficult time a number of years ago finding the artist who makes these items that he calls "Light Sticks" for places like The Exploratorium. We wanted to get one for one of our programs. You might want to ask him about about any feedback he's heard of or received regarding seizures. His name is Bill Bell and I believe that his company is called Subliminary Artworks in Boston. You may be able to reach him at 617-277-4719.

Martin S. Fisher
Director of Education
Nauticus, the National Maritime Center
One Waterside Drive
Norfolk, VA  23510
36°50'51"N   76°17'53"W   13 ft.
phone: (757) 664-1003, (800) 664-1080 ext. 41003
fax: (757) 623-1287    cell (757) 617-7080
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>        www.nauticus.org <http://www.nauticus.org>