ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:33:01 EST
7bit
Comments:

Althea: Our mission is to connect museums/science centers with schools. You
might want to check out our website at www.firsthandlearning.org. Some years
ago we developed an NSF-funded teacher preparation program at the Buffalo Museum
of Science called Project TEAM -- Teacher Education at the Museum. The
teachers quickly renamed it "Teachers Eating at the Museum." Need I say more? It is
now district-funded and involves all 1400 PreK-8th grade teachers in the
Buffalo Public Schools. I think there is a huge potential for informal science
institutions that are serious about helping teachers learn how to carry out
inquiry-based instruction. Call us if you want to know more. We were sustained for
ten years by NSF, HHMI, and a collection of local foundations. Peter Dow