HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Amy Gazin-Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:20:42 -0400
I haven't seen the movie, but they might also be referring to
the 1998 excavations at Tintagel, with lots of evidence foras
a high status site, with contacts between Britain and
Rome...and which unearthed a piece of slate with letters
scratched on, interpreted by some (and attracting lots of
media attention) as referring to Arthur.  You can read about
this at the website of the excavators at Glasgow University:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/archaeology/projects/tintagel/

Amy Gazin-Schwartz
>I just returned from watching the latest version of King
Arthur. The opening
>starts with the statement new archaeological evidence
supports revised
>thinking on the legend. What is that new evidence? Does
anyone out there know what