HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Michael Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:32:49 -0600
Yep:  That is what the Ozark National Forest usually uses since most of the
forest comes under the federal court in Ft. Smith.  The Ft. Smith District
of the Federal Court will not prosecute under ARPA (Oh, where is the
hanging Judge when you need him) whereas the Federal District Court in
Little Rock will.  Only two of our ranger districts and a thin slice of the
main unit fall under juridiction of the Little Rock District.

Smoke.

Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer, RPA
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests
605 West Main Street
Russellville, Arkansas 72801
(479) 968-2354  Ext. 233
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

                      jdendy
                      <jdendy@OZ-ONLIN         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      E.NET>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: Good Bust
                      HISTORICAL
                      ARCHAEOLOGY
                      u>

                      01/13/2004 02:18
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to HISTORICAL
                      ARCHAEOLOGY

No, nothing is free for the taking. Intent is the issue. You can bust
someone with arrowheads or whatever) under "theft of Government property"
under any circumstance.

John Dendy