HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 05:06:12 -0400
At 10:49 AM -0400 9/15/03, Kris Oswald wrote:

>that was my reason for thinking it was yarn..were would a tree of
>that age be found?..unless it was submerged for years

As a matter of fact, very old wood is sawn in areas with deep cedar
and cypress swamps.  Here in Delmarva there are swamps with submerged
ancient trees, which were mined and processed in the past. I'd not be
surprised if a Clovis point were to show up in the lumber yard.

--
Ned

Continued availability of McSorley's Ale and Yuengling's Porter is
comforting reassurance that intelligent life may yet be found on the
same planet that harbors George Bush and John Ashcroft.