From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:00:41 +0000
Thanks to Steve Schwartz for his excellent review of Fiocco sacred music
on Naxos.  As Steve noted, there isn't anything particularly original
about this music, but Fiocco does offer very attractive high baroque
fare expertly constructed.

Steve mentioned that Fiocco's music bears similiarity to Vivaldi's, but
at a lower level of inspiration.  Personally, I find Fiocco more akin
to Handel's music, and any person who loves Handel should find the Naxos
disc an excellent purchase.  My review of the disc is on MusicWeb.

Don Satz