From:
Michel Salle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:45:01 +0200
David Harbin wrote:

>Whilst I can appreciate why there are so many recordings of Strauss'
>Four Last Songs it is astounding that there are comparatively few
>recordings of Korngold's Abschiedslieder.

There is also a very good recording by Anne Sofie von Otter and Bengt
Forsberg.  On this double CD (DG), you'll also find other songs (including
the Mariettas Lied) and two pieces of chamber music which I like very
much: the Quintett fur 2 Violinen, Viola, Violoncello und Klavier op 15
and the Suite fur 2 Violinen, Violoncello und Klaviern (linke Hand) op
23.  I fully agree with David that Korngold deserves to be much more
known.

Michel Salle