From:
SHAWNA HELMUTH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:09:03 -0800
I just had to write this to everyone. The big hub-bub about the ad campaign
using  scare tactics is interesting since the dairy industry does it all the
time. The last few nights I have watched TV the 'Got Milk' commercial with
the mans arms coming off has been on. Has anyone seen this? I will
summarize; A mom is trying to get her two children (roughly ages 13 and 11,
male and female) to drink their milk at lunch, the children comment that Mr.
So and So (I forgot his name) tells us he never drinks milk and look at him
( he is a 70 ish man doing yard work with a wheelbarrow) As they all look
out the window the man waves and goes to move the wheel barrow and both his
arms fall of  (still connected to the wheel barrow with smoke coming out of
the sockets) The next frame is mom and kids gulping their milk down, and of
course the slogan 'Got Milk' is at the end.
Now.... is this not what the breastfeeding advocates were being condemned
for, scare tactics? Wow that is a big one if I ever saw a commercial. I have
noticed it was off the air for a while and is now on again and at night past
9:00 PM. Hmmmmmm.
I just had to vent on that one. Thanks for being there.
Shawna in Carmel CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any included attachments are from
Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital and are intended only for the addressee.
The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute
inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state
securities laws.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution,
or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If
you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify
the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Salinas Valley
Memorial Healthcare System's Privacy Officer in Salinas, California, U.S.A
at (+1) (831) 755-0755.