From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:06:24 -0500
You might try looking this up on Lactnet archives. I believe this may
indicate some sort of breast infection. Diane Wiessinger posted on this
months ago, I believe.

Search mucous in Lactnet where sender contains baka

Will get you that search, I believe. I hope I have that correctly
written out.

I would try adding flow at the breast with a lactation aid. It would cut
out a step for this mother, who has too much to do with pumping and
bottlefeeding. Watch that the baby tolerates this in terms of
coordinating suck/swallow. For a good description of using a lactation
aid, see www.breastfeedingonline.com, Jack Newman MD's articles. Also
gentle breast compression might help. Kathleen

Kathleen Bruce RN IBCLC
Independent consultant: Breastfeeding Clinic of Vermont, Lactation
Resources of Vermont, Medela, Inc.
Listowner Lactnet listserv
Archives: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html