HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:48:47 -0500
In the construction industry they have a large container for processing
water that might be contaminated, sort of a square tanker they leave on site
and then cart away to process. At least that seemed to be the state of the
art for I-95 in Connecticut, in Bridgeport. Nothing like finding the
undocumented water feed to the local ice cream factory. The guys come out in
snow suits given out ice cream sandwiches to speed along the repair.

I am not sure anyother way one could do it. I haven't seen to many water
screens where they just used whatever was available. In Cold Spring, the
West Point Foundry, they had a screen on a small truck two wheel trailer to
back up near the marsh. The locals also were afraid of hitting undocumented
waterlines and overloading the small water system and at one time a water
tanker truck was arranged. Cleanup involved those pump sprayers used for
small fire fighting, worn on the back to spray off the crew as there was no
water pressure, ironically in a former water powered foundry.