HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Laura West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:02:57 -0600
Well, Dan, I do agree that the courses I took were designed to prepare me
for my position. Ultimately, experience is often the best teacher, and I had
loads and loads of that prior to entering the academy. The person who was an
expert without the ability to recognize a vernacular residence, for
instance, would be better off someplace else.

Yes, our own mistakes have been our worst enemy, which means we have to work
doubly hard to correct the impression given by the careless or the
unfortunate...especially if it is our own error!

Laura W