HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"G. Alcock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:12:58 -0700
If one does a Google search on "liquid label" and acryloid (note the
quotes), it brings up a few on-line craft  stores that sell two-bottle
sets of 25% acryloid B-72 in nail-polish-sized bottles (with brushes):
one bottle of white, one bottle of clear. $4.45, but the shipping'll get
you over the drug-store cost of nail polish.

The last time I bought Acryloid B72, I got it from ArcheoMat, but they
don't have a Web presence anymore, that I could find.

If we expect a museum to keep collections in perpetuity, and complain
when it doesn't, shouldn't we be curating our artifacts to that standard
of years also?

Gwyn Alcock
Redlands, California