HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:04:33 -0700
Interestingly, at the chapel in the Alamo it was recently reported that
underneath the whitewash on the walls within, are beautiful paintings of
grapes and grapevines. It was also reported, though, the murals may be
restored the public will still not be allowed into it. Given the controversy
raised by Frank Myers Myers in the "American Scholar" (ca. 1973, started by
Ralph Waldo Emerson) about the question of the final location of David
Crockett (whose "birthplace" site in Limestone, Tennessee I've visited. It
has a representative stone from each state in the Union around a flagpole) I
was wondering if any remote sensing surveys have been done there?

George Myers

Apologies if this posts twice. I am trying a new program Foxmail that 3
million in China use and 20 other countries and not sure if it is hotmail
that is experiencing delays or the subject is "hot".