HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Josh Brinker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:37:07 -0500
Hello All,

Why is it that these so-called museums that are selling artifacts are
allowed to do this? While I was in Sedona, Arizona I walked into a museum
and what did I find but artifacts from Iran dating back over 2600 years,
from votive figures to axe heads. These were pieces that should be in an
Iranian museum, not for sale in the Arizona desert. I was thoroughly
disgusted at this display of thievery and exploitation of artifacts. Am I
over reacting? I am a student of Anthropology at the University of Houston,
but will hopefully be transferring to Rice University next summer and would
like the opinion of the members of this great community. Thank you for your
opinions.

Joshua Brinker
University of Houston Anthropology Student
Houston, TX