From:
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:57:43 -0400
I am doing some reading on Liszt right now and realizing that my piano
collection is small and my collection of other things is downright
pitiful.  I'd welcome recomendations of discs that are essential.

A more specific question. I have not heard too many good things about
Leslie Howard's survey.  Perhaps that is why so many are available at
low prices.  Which if any of these demand hearing either because of the
performance or the repertory?

Ed