From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 20:47:27 +0200
Bernard Gregoire wrote:

>It seems the me that that the record industry has now yet learned the
>economic basis of commerce.   Price it fairly and they will buy!  Nineteen
>bucks for stuff that costs $3 to produce is not only unfair to consumers
>it is stupid on the part of the get rich quick artists.

Having delt with several small record labels over the three last years
in the capacity of album cover designer, may I ask how You arrived at
this figure?  Can You please split these three bucks in the part sums
of producing an average classical CD?  Helping me to understand that it
is this low..

What kind of sales figures are we talking about?

10000?, 100000?, One Million?, or the usual 500 to a 1000 most
independent small labels see as their average sales figure.

peter lundin, gothenburg.se -  Counting the days: DDS 100 (1906-2006)