Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:14:28 -0400
From:
"Yoel L. Arbeitman" <[log in to unmask]>
Ramiro Arguello wrote:

> He also may have enjoyed the distinction of being the first of
> the great composers to have his voice recorded, as well as his
> work, using the wax cylinders of contemporary Thomas Alva Edison.

The information is here, but I am having a problem with this site

   http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/groups/edison/brahms/brahms.html

   "The denoised excerpts reveals enough of the speech to suggest
   that the speaker (probably Wangemann) introduces Brahms as
   follows:

   "...Dezember Achtzehnhundertachtundneunzig. Haus von Herrn Doktor
   Fellinger, bei mir ist Doktor Brahms, Johannes Brahms".

   ("...December Eighteen Hundred Eighty Nine. House of Mr. Fellinger,
   with me is Doctor Brahms, Johannes Brahms.")

   (acknowledgements to Guido Behnke for his assistance in transcribing
   the text)"

I was able to copy that, but not read it at the site.

Yoel