Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 02:12:17 -0400

 Hi All

 After 3 days at the conference in Sydney ,I feel even more enthusiastic
about breastfeeding & all it entails.
Some of the speakers truly inspired me & others moved me(our very own
Karleen,being one that moved me).
One of the most inspiring for me was Nils Bergman ,whom some of you will
know & no doubt,many of you have heard speak.It was my first time to hear
him.Skin to skin has taken on  even more importance,as has not separating
the mother & baby unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.It totally blew me away when
he showed research that shows how the mothers body temperature adapts to
the babies needs.Not just rising to warm the baby,but also dropping her
temperature to cool the baby if it is too hot. Also heard some amazing
stories about very prem babies,for whom resusitation had failed,but when
given back to the mother for skin to skin(cant remember how long it took) a
miracle occurred when the baby came around pink,warm & breathing!We really
have to go back to basics in many ways.Arouse the primitive within us.
So much more to rave about,but so little time(& typing skills).More raving
no doubt to follow...

 Anne Fox
 IBCLC,CM,RN

 Australia