From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:22:09 -0400
Deryk Barker:

>Some used stores will purchase large collections.  I don't know
>of anywhere in David's area, although there are several places in London
>(or were last time I was there).

The Turning Point, Ottawa's best 2nd hand CD shop, not long ago bought
a heap of mostly Renaissance to late Baroque CDs on the Archiv, Harmonia
Mundi and other such labels.  In spotless shape; from someone who used to
get review copies, I gather.  I mean an amount that's made a mess of their
large behind-the-counter space, and will take months to sift through and
shelve for buyers.

Golden opportunity for aficionados, at roughly half the price of retail.
I bought a couple of CDs of HIP Bach concertos, and keep showing up so I
don't miss anything that reaches the shelf -- though I regret not being a
bigger fan of some of this fare.

As far as I know, they didn't turn down any part of the collection.  I'm
guessing that they can afford to stock up for a rainier season, as it were,
since their DVD-videos section seems to be doing very well.

'Wonder what led the seller to make that about-face.  Downsizing to a smaller
dump?  Tyrranical spouse converted to Pennsylvania polka?  All Lutoslawski,
all of the time?

Bert Bailey