From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:04:13 +0100
Robert Stumpf wrote:

>Horenstein is the first conductor who made this piece come alive for me.
>Much as I like Kubelik's I prefer Horenstein.  His Mahler 4th is also
>fantastic.  It was recently reissued on CFP (I think) has anybody had
>the chance to compare this with the previous Chief release?

Yes.  I deal with this in my review of the CFP release for Music Web at:

   http://www.musicweb.uk.net/classrev/2001/Nov01/Mahler4_Horenstein.htm

In short, if you do have the Chief release there is no need to get the CFP.
However, as the Chief release was hard to find many will need to snap up the
CFP version of this wonderful recording.

Tony Duggan