From:
Robert Berkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:54:35 -0700
Don Satz wants to know how many times do you listen to a disc you dont like
before assigning it to the trash bin.

I don't assign any discs to trash bin.  My taste in music is evolving all
the time.  When I first listen to a disc, I tend to get the general feel of
the disc.  My second listen is much more attentive.  If after two listenings
I don't get anything from the disc, I generally keep it in an area where
eventually I will give it another listen.  If a disc does nothing for me
after three listens I then tend to file it.

I might read a review about this particular disc that tends to be favorable.
I genrally give it another listen.  Sometimes I might hear something, sometimes
I just don't get it.  But I am happy to put in the effort.  It just might
take that third or fourth listen to do it for me.  This has happened to me
quite a few times.

My problem over the past few years is I have so many new discs I listen to,
it is becoming impossible to go back to the discs I have filed.

robert berkoff