From:
Bill Blank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:01:44 -0600
I was listening to Sonata 31 today, a favorite of mine and the more I
listened, the more disappointing it became. Technically I was good, but
is came across like champagne without bubbles. It was played like an
exercise. I was wondering who would take the trouble to record such a
rendition.

I sat in the car till it was done and it was Alfred Brendal - don't
know the recording. I'm not too familiar with his Beethoven. I have the
Schnabel and Goode sets and lots of individual recordings. My impression
was that Brendal was supposed to give good Beethoven.

Does anyone have comments about his recordings of Beethoven?

Thanks,

Bill Blank
http://kernunnos.com (Celtic studies and numismatics)