From:
Gene Halaburt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:57:54 -0700
In 1969 I had the privilege and pleasure of attending a concert that
included several works played by the subject pianist.  I had never
before, nor have ever since, heard such pianistic virtuosity and
artistry - incredible!  Besides the currently available:

Elan CD 82284 Rubinstein, Henselt, Liszt, Alkan
Elan CD 82276 Alkan, Liszt
RCA HP 63310 Alkan, Liszt Piano Music
Chesky CD 56 Gershwin Concert

do any listers know of other commercial or private recordings by Lewenthal
they might recommend?

GeneH