From:
Bernard Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 09:20:02 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Today is the last day of going out of business sale of the HMV story in
>Cambridge, MA..=A0 I went in today.=A0 There were no more than 200 CDs
>left from a huge stock.
>
>This something important about the price of most CDs and the public's
>willingness to buy reasonably priced CDs.

It seems the me that that the record industry has now yet learned the
economic basis of commerce.   Price it fairly and they will buy!  Nineteen
bucks for stuff that costs $3 to produce is not only unfair to consumers
it is stupid on the part of the get rich quick artists.

Bernard Gregoire
Hingham, MA