From:
Bill Blank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:46:29 -0600
I have been trying to remember a musical term for some months.  It is
one of those words that is hiding from my consciousness - an Italian
term a composer would use to indicate how to play the music.

Basically it means to put yourself into the music and interpret it loosely
with your own feeling or soul or thought with regards to phrasing, tempo.
schmaltz etc.  That's not a technical definition and the word says it
better - such is the power of words.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Hoping I am making sense,

Bill Blank