Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:36:17 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
In a message dated 7/14/2003 6:30:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> IS anyone doing any private practice work and nursing a baby/caring for very young children?  I can't do it all but am open to exploring time management options if anyone has some
> suggestions
Hi Amy!
IS anyone doing any private practice work and nursing a baby/caring for very young children?  I can't do it all but am open to exploring time management options if anyone has some suggestions.

Hi Anne!
Although I was not working while pregnant, I did begin working while my second child was still an infant. I found it actually quite beneficial. Actually seeing me mother, helped clients to see that they could also manage to breastfeed and …..
I found that when I counseled mothers about being able to use a sling and still go to the grocery, get their hair cut, or whatever…It was much more revealing when they saw me helping them while wearing my infant, nursing when she showed cues, and taking a minute or two to sit and nurse, even on a busy day.
I found that as long as I limited my self to a maximum of three clients per day I could manage. Most days I did not have three, but three was definitely my limit.
Laura
Mississippi

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2