From:
Heleen Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 20:55:53 +0200
On 5 Jun 2003 at 13:06, Glenda Pinkham wrote:

> I overheard the Ross
> salesman tell the nurse manager the other day that they intend to have
> classes for those "bottle feeding mothers".   They will advertise in
> the newspaper and will be giving out the formula bags at these
> classes.

Watch your local pool, if they have baby-swimming and classes for
pregnant women. In the Netherlands Nutricia organises 2-hour
'lectures' for the moms, advertising that they hand out packages with
EURO 15 worth of babyfood. (EURO = about $ 1,17 at the moment).
One breastfeeding mom told this to the appropriate authorities and
Nutricia got told off ('appropriate measures have been taken' is what
they write us if we ask to be kept posted about our compaint). I
wonder if they are still doing it, there are so many pools that I
just don't know.
---
Heleen Hayes
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes