From:
Barb Strange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 07:23:41 -0600
  "I am finding it hard keeping up with all these digests because
 I dont like deleting them unless I've read them all."

Try switching to individual messages, and set up a filter or message rule to
stream them into a folder.  You can then see what you've read and what you
haven't, and delete messages on an individual basis or in groups.

You may also choose not to read some messages at all, based on their subject
line (note to all: please make sure you have an appropriate subject line in
your message, not just "LACTNET digest".  Not only will fewer people read
such a message, it will be very deeply buried in the archives, as searches
are often conducted using the subject line only.)

Lastly, when you receive messages individually, with your Find or Search
tool, you can collect all the messages from one thread and read them in
sequence.

Barb Strange
Never going back to digests again.