From:
Jon Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:24:38 -0700
Barrett Reynolds writes:

>Am I alone in my indifference toward Ravel?  Is there something seriously
>wrong with me?  Does anybody else have an example of a highly respected
>composer whom they feel may be over-rated?"

Yes, Barrett, there IS something seriously wrong with you: it must be
that you haven't listened to Ravel's trio in A minor.  Try it.

There are a few *moderately* highly respected composers whom I feel
over-rated: Alexander Glazunov, Benjamin Britten, Malcolm Arnold, and
Phillip Glass, to name three and a half.

Cheers,

Jon Gallant and Dr. Phage
   Seattle,  Washington