HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:00:46 +0800
Hmm memorable finds. I guess finding a couple of pearls at my site in
Cossack qualifies. It was WA's first pearling port but no-one had found lost
pearls in the townsite before.

Still I think my favourite is still the human tooth with its 19th century
gold fitting to turn it into a denture. We found it under Government House
along with a bullet and the team had lots of fun inventing stories to
explain them along the lines of "The Butler Did It".