HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:42:11 -0800
I bought some similarly marked tea bowls from an elderly Chinese antiques
dealer.  He told me the items were kept in a public tea house, and were used
by the vessel owner when visiting the tea house.  American men did the same
thing with shaving mugs at barbershops.
I suggest you contact Priscilla Wegars of the Asian American Comparative
Collection at [log in to unmask] for further help.
S. Walter