From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:19:45 +0000
Mikael Rasmusson writes about a Steiner/Schumann disc on Autograph:

>It is not too bad, and since I paid about $6 for it, I guess it can
>place in Don's "Recommended" category.

I suppose I'm feeling picky about this, but only Don can place recordings
in Don's recommended category (I'm very possessive).  Also, I don't want
readers to get the impression that versions that aren't "too bad" get
recommended - they don't.  The Waldszenen versions I do not recommend
are not terrible and are probably better than "not too bad".  They simply
don't measure up to the competitive level determined by the superior
interpretations.  The competition factor is all-encompassing.

I am curious about this Steiner disc.  Is it available on any websites?

Don Satz